Did you ever realize there was such a thing as a ‘healthy cookie?’ It’s not what you’d expect and it definitely doesn’t come loaded with artificial ingredients and sweeteners.
In these chocolate avocado cookies, the avocado replaces the butter. I know it’s crazy, right? These cookies are organic and not all that bad for you! Avocados are rich and soft so they make a great substitute for butter. You can’t taste the avocado, so it’s not as weird as you might think.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. The taste blends so well with the other ingredients, you can’t even taste it. These cookies are also sweetened with honey instead of refined white sugar and use no white flour! These cookies are chewy, chocolatey, and just all around delightful.
-2 ounces organic unsweetened chocolate melted in 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
-1/2 organic avocado
2 tablespoons of unsalted organic almond butter
-1 organic egg and one organic egg white
-2 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
-1 1/2 tablespoons organic almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree avocado in a food processor or high-speed blender until very smooth
3. Add other ingredients, one at a time and pulse until the batter is smooth
4. Chill the batter in the fridge for one hour
5. Fill a pastry bag and pipe batter onto cookie sheet, or drop the batter by heaping tablespoons.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes
7. Let cool for 5 minutes.